Explore the True Nature of Politics with Liberty University’s Political Science Graduate Degree
Do you tend to keep up with the latest political news? Are you interested in understanding the economic components of the American government system? If that sounds like you, then our Master of Science in Political Science may be the right choice for you!
Liberty University’s master’s degree in political science online focuses on the rigorous and comprehensive study of politics. An online master’s degree in political science can help build upon various fundamental skills integral to a career as a political scientist. It will also challenge you to step outside of preconceived notions on politics and see the whole picture.
Do you want to advance research and scholarship on the nature and impact of politics in society? The skills you gain in our M.S. in Political Science online can help you make lasting changes in American politics. This program can help prepare you to enter this field as an ethical leader of integrity.
How do I get a master’s in political science?
As you’re considering a political science degree, the good news is that there are a variety of ways for you to complete your program. At Liberty, our goal is to make the process as simple, efficient, and effective as possible for our online students.
Here is the basic breakdown for earning your political science master’s degree with Liberty University:
What can you do with a master’s in political science?
The exciting thing about political science is its breadth and versatility. You could work in government agencies, private companies, or nonprofit organizations. This program can help you gain skills that can be used in nearly any field. Some of these skills include organization, communication, and analytical abilities.
Because this program teaches diverse skills, you can pursue many different job opportunities in all types of organizations.
In government, you could…
- Become a legislative aide who works with Congresspeople or White House staff.
- Run for political office as a city councilperson.
- Work as a campaign manager or lobbyist to support your party and help people running for political office.
In private and nonprofit sectors, you could…
- Be the social media manager for a company or business.
- Teach students at a local college or university.
- Work as a compliance manager who ensures a nonprofit is meeting requirements to maintain its nonprofit status.
Why choose Liberty’s master’s in political science online?
Liberty University’s master’s degree in political science online seeks to help equip graduates with a solid understanding of all major influences on politics and government today. Throughout this degree, you can learn how domestic and international government structures and political processes influence one another. This program can also stretch your understanding of how historical and contemporary ideas impact politics.
Liberty University seeks to provide you with high-caliber education taught by well-qualified educators. Your online M.S. in Political Science professors are experts in the field as well as in the content they teach. They are available to support you and answer any questions that may arise as you seek to understand the complexities of government and politics.
Our online master’s in political science degree can help equip you with the skills and confidence needed to operate as a statesman or stateswoman who values Christian principles. Prepare to impact your generation and generations to come.
What will you learn in our graduate degree in political science online?
Throughout your master’s degree in political science online, you will receive a theoretical, broad-based approach to the study of government and politics. You’ll see how historical and contemporary ideas impact political processes and government structures. In addition to this, you can acquire a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences impacting politics and government.
Students seeking a Ph.D. would be well-served by this degree since it provides a more academic study of government and the political process. Our Master of Science in Political Science online is also ideal for students interested in diplomacy.
Courses in our M.S. in Political Science will cover topics such as markets and market failure, effects of public policy on economics and vice versa, past political philosophers, American foreign policy, and international governments. The material covered in our program does not limit itself to only American political issues, but branches out towards international concerns due to their potential impact.
You will have the chance to develop the skills and techniques needed to become an efficient writer and researcher for reports and data compilations used in forming important public policies. As a graduate of this online political science master’s degree with Liberty University, you can apply your newly gained knowledge and follow a biblical model of statesmanship as you pursue a career in the exciting world of politics.
Liberty’s Political Science Master’s Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in political science from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Master of Science in Political Science has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online political science grad program in under 2 years.
Political Science Graduate Program Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master’s Degree in Political Science Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Jobs for Political Science Master’s Degree Graduates
After completion of your Master of Science in Political Science online degree, you may have many career opportunities available to you, including:
- Campaign manager
- City councilperson
- Compliance manager
- Legislative assistant
- Policy analyst
- Political scientist
- Public relations specialist
- Regulatory affairs manager
- Social media manager
- Survey researcher
Admission Requirements for the Political Science Grad School Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.