Give College Students the Support They Need with an Online Master’s in Student Affairs Degree
Are you passionate about helping college students succeed? Do you want to pursue jobs that involve overseeing and developing student affairs programs and initiatives? Have you been looking to further your career in higher education administration? If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education – Student Affairs degree may be for you!
Student affairs professionals serve in a variety of roles at colleges and universities. Their goal is to foster students’ academic and personal development by providing a variety of helpful services outside the classroom. Some examples of services provided by student affairs professionals include:
- Academic advising
- Alumni programs
- Campus recreation
- Career services
- Commuter student life
- Counseling services
- Health and wellness programs
- Residence life
- Student activities
- Student conduct
With Liberty’s student affairs graduate program, you can learn how to enrich and improve students’ college experience. You’ll also explore core topics in higher education so you can diversify your skill set and pursue administrative positions at universities across the country. Partner with us and prepare to promote student success!
Why Choose Liberty’s Higher Education – Student Affairs Master’s Degree?
At Liberty, we care about who you are and who you aspire to become. We seek to train up qualified educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. With our master’s degree in student affairs, you can develop the tools you need to lead with integrity in Christian, public, and private school settings.
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty seeks to offer programs that meet your needs as a student and as a professional. Our student affairs master’s program is 100% online, so you won’t have to sacrifice your time or money attending classes on campus. You can complete your assignments wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you without putting your life on hold.
Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can pursue your master’s in student affairs with confidence knowing that our program has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Program in Student Affairs?
Our graduate program in student affairs is broken down into 3 main parts: core higher education courses, the student affairs specialization, and professional courses. By studying under our experienced faculty, you can deepen your knowledge of higher education and explore foundational aspects of student affairs administration.
Your core courses will provide a broad overview of the postsecondary education system in the United States. You’ll examine the major trends, issues, and problems facing today’s colleges and universities and explore how financial and economic factors impact college students. You’ll also learn about various social and political issues that have shaped institutions of higher education in America. The capstone course is designed to enhance your professional development by allowing you to conduct research in the field of higher education.
Learn how to help meet your students’ academic, developmental, and economic needs. In this program, you will analyze various tools that are used to optimize student retention and performance, such as orientation programming, academic support/advising, campus life, and career guidance. You’ll also examine how policy at the federal, state, and district levels can affect decision-making in schools.
We created our student affairs area of study with your success in mind. Throughout your specialization courses, you will learn about the various functions of student affairs, student affairs administration, and critical areas of student support. You’ll also analyze current research in the field of student development and explore how theory informs best practice in the student affairs profession. By studying a theoretical and practical approach to student affairs, you can prepare to implement programs and initiatives that help your students thrive.
- EDUC 658 – Introduction to Student Affairs*
- EDUC 662 – Student Development Theory and Practice*
- EDUC 663 – Social and Political Aspects in Higher Education
- EDUC 665 – Student Support Services and Retention
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Higher Education – Student Affairs Graduate Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in higher education – student affairs degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. program is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete your master’s in student affairs online in as little as 1 year!
- As a Liberty student, you’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in education from across the country.
- Our 100% online courses give you the freedom to earn your master’s degree in student affairs on your schedule.
Master’s Degree in Higher Education – Student Affairs Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Liberty’s master’s in student affairs program is non-licensure.
Military Benefits for Our Student Affairs Master’s Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities with an Online Master’s in Student Affairs and Higher Education
- College/university administrator
- Educational consultant
- Educational policy analyst
- Higher education faculty
- Program coordinator
- Student affairs administrator
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Student Affairs Master’s Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.