Prepare the Next Generation with Liberty’s Online Non-Licensure Early Childhood Education Degree
A lot happens in a child’s development before elementary school. With new concepts constantly being introduced to them, children under the age of 8 have a lot of growing to do! You can have a hand in providing the love, support, and encouragement these young ones need to embrace learning and get the best start they can.
Giving children a solid foundation for their academic journey can lead to better lives and opportunities for them down the road. The young students you work with today could be tomorrow’s world changers. By earning an early childhood education degree online, you can learn how to transform the lives of the children in your care.
Earning a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies degree can equip you to achieve your goals and succeed in Christian school, private school, and homeschool settings, as well as public child care facilities and churches, and in the public school as a paraprofessional.
The Need for Educators is Growing
Your dream to work with children can be used to fill the need for talented early childhood experts in our education system. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be an increased number of students coming into elementary schools over the next 10 years. This in turn is expected to grow classroom numbers and create more teaching jobs.*
With more students funneling through our schools, there is an inevitable need for teachers. But these children are students before they enroll in elementary school. They need someone who can help care for and teach them so they can get the most out of their education. Provide the best foundation possible for this growing population with a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education.
What to Expect in Liberty’s Early Childhood Education Degree
Liberty’s 100% online B.S. in Early Childhood Education degree can help equip you with the educational theory and leadership skills you need to successfully engage your students. Our online early childhood education courses provide a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
Our non-licensure bachelor’s degree in early childhood education complements our Master of Arts in Teaching, graduate degree. If you think you may want to teach older students one day, then our Master of Arts in Teaching can provide a great pathway to obtaining your teaching license.
Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Students who complete their bachelor’s degree have the opportunity to apply to one of our many NCATE approved licensure-track graduate education programs.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Kindergarten and elementary school teachers, 2020 (viewed online July 9, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education Degree Online?
If going for your bachelor’s degree seems overwhelming or you’re wondering how long it takes to earn a degree in early childhood education, let us help. Our 100% online bachelor’s degrees can be completed in as little as 3.5 years.
We offer an additional summer semester each year and provide flexible 8-week subterms with no set login times throughout the week. And by choosing Liberty, you’re choosing to study at one of the best colleges for early childhood education in the nation.
Earn a Degree that Helps You Be More for Your Students
With a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood, you can play a part in some of the most crucial moments in a child’s development. So get the training you need so that you can be successful! Liberty’s online bachelor’s degree in early childhood education faculty members are dedicated to your pursuit of teaching excellence.
We understand that you’ll need to educate yourself so you can better educate your students. With Liberty, you can get an early childhood education degree online that’s accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP.
Train Under Experienced Faculty Who Care About Your Success
Additionally, our bachelor’s degree in early childhood education online is taught by seasoned faculty. Their real-world experience can help guide you through your coursework and develop your teaching skill set. They can also help you understand where the Christian faith intersects with the practice of education. Their encouragement can help fuel your heart for teaching, reminding you how important your work is for eternity.
Choose to Gain Classroom Experience Near Home
In addition to our award-winning academics and industry-leading faculty, we’ve designed our degrees to give you as many opportunities to grow and train as possible. With an optional field experience course, you can choose to gain hands-on experience in the classroom before you graduate. This can give you an additional confidence boost as you apply your studies to a real classroom setting.
Please note: Liberty’s B.S. in Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies is a non-licensure track. This program is intended to prepare students for non-licensed teaching roles, or to continue into a licensure program at a later time.
What Will You Learn in Our Early Childhood Education Bachelor’s Degree Online?
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in early childhood education focuses on current issues and trends in education. You can also learn the elements of instruction and the important psychological milestones of early childhood development. We know that you are passionate about teaching children — so are we! Let us help you discover the best instructional strategies for both you and your students.
With Liberty, you can earn a degree focused on child development as well as education theories and practices. This can help you better tailor an educational experience to the specific needs of your young students.
In our early years education degree, you can learn:
- Current issues and trends in education
- How family relationships, development, and content knowledge affect early childhood education
- Learning theories and styles
- Best practices for teaching mathematics
- Approaches to teaching reading, including phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and language development
- Methods for classroom management
- How to develop a personal philosophy and apply it to teaching, lesson plan design, and delivery
- The promotion of wellness in early childhood education through good nutrition and safety for young children
- Basic theories and principles of child growth and development
Featured Early Childhood Education Courses
We know that lectures and online assignments can only teach you so much — hands-on experience is important. Our online bachelor’s in early childhood education degree seeks to provide you with an optional field experience capstone course. This course can help you apply your studies to the classroom.
Get the training you need with best education practices and child development theory, as well as hands-on experience in the field. At Liberty, your early years education degree can help provide you with important methods and theory you need to effectively inspire and impact the next generation.
Online Early Childhood Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The early childhood development degree can prepare you for Liberty’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Teaching.
- View the Undergraduate Advising Guide.
Military Benefits for the Early Childhood Education Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Options for Online Early Childhood Education Degree Graduates
What kind of jobs can you get with an early childhood education degree? Your experience in this program can prepare you for many fields within early education. For example, after you graduate, you can be a kindergarten teacher with a degree in early childhood education.
Some of the other positions you can pursue with your bachelor’s in early childhood education include:
- Early childhood center owner
- Elementary school teacher
- Preschool teacher
- Teacher within a faith-based organization
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
Applicants to the early childhood education degree online must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Program Highlights of Liberty’s Online B.S. in Early Childhood Education Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online early childhood education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks will be provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our bachelor’s degree in early childhood education online ranked top 5 for Best Online Early Childhood Education Programs according to BestColleges.com.
- Liberty graduates are sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your degree total to Liberty’s online bachelor’s in early childhood education.
Similar Programs to Liberty’s Early Childhood Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education online degree seeks to provide pre-teacher preparation. This program allows you to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and units.
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education – Our online Bachelor of Science in Special Education degree focuses on education theory and best practices. In this program, you can examine learning disabilities and adaptation techniques to equip you to enter the field of special education.