Diversify Your Skill Set with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and Middle Grades Mathematics
Are you seeking a career that lets you make a positive impact on the next generation? Do you want the flexibility to teach at a variety of grade levels? Are you fascinated with mathematics and excited to share that passion with your future students?
If that sounds like you, Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Mathematics degree can help! Throughout this program, you can develop the knowledge, credentials, and experience needed to become a licensed elementary school (K-6) teacher in Virginia.* Additionally, you can pursue an endorsement in middle grades mathematics and prepare to teach math at the middle school level.
At Liberty, we train qualified educators who can serve their students with skill and integrity. Partner with us and prepare for a rewarding career in the field of education.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Elementary Education – Middle School Math Degree?
At Liberty, we’re committed to excellence. Our Bachelor of Education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). You can pursue your B.Ed. degree with confidence knowing that our courses have met rigorous academic standards.
Additionally, this is one of the first programs in the nation to offer a curriculum that is both 100% online and designed to prepare you for initial teaching licensure. You’ll study under seasoned professionals who are experts in the field of education and dedicated to teaching from a biblical perspective. That way, you can serve as a Champion for Christ in your future career.
Through this 100% online program, you can complete teacher licensure requirements set by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). You could go on to teach in the state of Virginia or apply for reciprocity in another state. And, by completing over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching, you can prepare to lead in the classroom with confidence.
What Will You Learn in Our B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Mathematics Degree Online?
This program provides core training in many aspects of elementary education. You will explore topics like curriculum development, teaching methods, instructional design, and classroom technology. You can also learn how to cultivate a positive learning environment and help students from various backgrounds thrive. Additionally, our courses provide an in-depth look at teaching foundational subjects — such as language arts, math, science, and reading — at the K-6 level.
With the middle grades math endorsement online, you can expand your skill set and prepare for future employment as a middle school math teacher. You’ll study curriculum and instructional strategies for middle school settings and learn how to teach a wide array of mathematical subjects to young adolescents. Some of the topics you can explore include mathematical reasoning, coordinate geometry, probability and statistics, and discrete mathematics. Completing practicum and student teaching hours will help you meet teacher licensure requirements and put your skills to the test in a hands-on environment.
- EDUC 225 – Instructional Design for Elementary and Middle School Classrooms
- EDUC 412 – Middle School Curriculum and Instruction
- MATH 128 – Elementary Functions and Coordinate Geometry
- MATH 201 – Introduction to Probability and Statistics
Highlights of Liberty’s Elementary Education and Middle Grades Math Education Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online education bachelor’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty’s Bachelor of Education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Earn your online B.Ed. degree in under 4 years.
- Pursue licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Complete over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Mathematics Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program is designed to prepare you for licensure. Review our licensure information and resources.
- This program has practicum and student teaching requirements as well as a background check.
Military Benefits for Our Online Middle School Mathematics and Elementary Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Math Program
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Mathematics degree can help you pursue a variety of roles in education, including:
- Curriculum coordinator
- Education consultant
- Elementary school teacher
- Middle school mathematics teacher
- Private school teacher
Upon successful completion of the 100% online B.Ed. program, you can graduate equipped with a well-respected degree in education, Virginia licensure, and extensive classroom experience. This degree can help you meet the requirements to become a middle school math teacher or elementary school teacher.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Bachelor of Education Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.