Create a Strategic Ministry Plan by Earning Your Doctor of Ministry from Liberty University
One of the most important aspects of a ministry is its health. Knowing whether your ministry leaders and members are biblical disciples and whether your ministry is following the biblical example of the Church is crucial to your ministry’s health. These practices could determine whether your ministry will thrive or fail.
If you want to learn how you can create a strategic ministry action plan, then Liberty University’s Doctor of Ministry in Strategic Christian Ministry can help you get there. You’ll learn what a biblical church and its constituents look like. You will either focus on creating your ministry portfolio, or you’ll complete a thesis project where you will conduct research relating to healthy Christian ministries. With the knowledge provided in this program, you can be well-prepared to help your ministry succeed.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Strategic Ministry Doctorate?
Choosing where to pursue your degree is a serious decision. At Liberty, we believe in doing all things with excellence because our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Here are some of the reasons Liberty University stands out:
- Faculty | Each of your professors is a trained ministry professional. They have years of experience as pastors, parachurch leaders, ministry associates, Christian authors, and more. Plus, they have each earned a doctorate in a ministry-related field. Their experience will be integrated into your courses to provide you with an enriched learning environment.
- Flexibility | All of your courses are offered in a 100% online format with no set login times. Most of your courses are available in an 8-week format with the exception of two full-semester courses required for the thesis or portfolio project option. This flexibility allows you to pursue a doctorate while maintaining your obligations to your ministry and family.
- Integrity | We are committed to conservative, evangelical theology. Every course is integrated with these values. Your professors are also available to guide you both academically and spiritually. We want to help you continue to incorporate your faith into all that you do.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctoral Degree in Strategic Ministry?
This Doctor of Ministry degree is specifically designed to help you continue your journey as a ministry professional. You will be provided with the knowledge you’ll need to create a strategic ministry plan so your church or organization can thrive. You will take courses that cover biblical disciples and churches as well as leading strategic ministry change.
In your degree, you will also choose between creating a portfolio or a thesis. The portfolio consists of 4 projects that ultimately result in a portfolio presentation. The thesis includes research, development, writing, and defense. You can personalize your degree by deciding which of these options best fits your career goals.
- CHMN 860 – Marks of a Biblical Disciple
- CHMN 861 – Marks of a Biblical Church
- CHMN 862 – Leading Strategic Ministry Change
- DSMN 815 – Personal Spiritual Formation
Highlights of Our Strategic Christian Ministry Doctoral Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this doctorate in strategic Christian ministry in as little as 2 years.
- You have the option to take some on-campus intensives throughout your program, which will allow you to connect with peers and professors in person.
- You can choose between creating a portfolio or a thesis project in order to best suit your career goals and ministry needs.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling (PACO) courses, which fall under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
D.Min. in Strategic Christian Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- A 15-credit-hour thesis project or portfolio is required.
Career Opportunities for D.Min. in Strategic Christian Ministry Graduates
This online doctoral degree is designed for current ministry professionals who want to become more skilled in their field and create a strategic ministry action plan. Some of the career options for graduates of this program may include:
- CEO for a nonprofit organization
- Church administrator
- Ministry director
- Parachurch leader
- Senior pastor
Admission Requirements for the Online D.Min. Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Official transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 18 graduate hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.