Deepen Your Biblical Knowledge with Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition
Are you excited about the idea of combining your passions for knowledge and theology? Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition can help equip you with the training and terminal degree you need to make an impact in the Christian community. The purpose of biblical exposition is to help you comprehend the Bible and equip you for a lifetime of study and application of God’s Word. Throughout this degree, you can receive valuable research experience and theological understanding, allowing you to excel in your ministry pursuits.
When you complete your doctorate in Bible exposition, you can open yourself up to more opportunities, from advancing in your current position to gaining exciting new career options. You can have the skill set needed to lead ministries, conduct biblical research, author theological books, and teach in higher education. A terminal degree in Bible exposition is an exciting chance to share deeper theological knowledge with generations to come.
At Liberty, you can benefit from a degree program that is both challenging and rewarding, where you can expand your biblical knowledge and complete new research on theological concepts.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree?
Choosing Liberty to pursue your doctorate means more than simply earning a degree. When you choose us, you’re choosing an accredited school with a commitment to spiritual and professional excellence, as well as flexible course scheduling. We consistently strive for you to have the best possible experience while pursuing your Ph.D. so that you can impact the world for Christ.
Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Ministries and employers can be confident that you have received a high-quality degree that is upheld to rigorous education standards – which can lead to exciting opportunities.
At Liberty, we are committed to Training Champions for Christ. This means we do everything with excellence in mind. Our curriculum is built on a foundation of scholarly biblical knowledge and training. Our professors are all professionals in their field with real-life ministerial experience and advanced degrees in a related field. Additionally, each of our courses is offered in a flexible, 100% online, 8-week format. Your career, family, and ministry commitments are important, so this degree is designed to work around your busy life and schedule.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree?
Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition degree provides the training you need to excel in your current ministerial pursuits, whether you are in church or ministry leadership, education, or theology and professional writing.
Throughout this degree, you’ll learn biblical concepts and foundational knowledge.
- First, you’ll study language skills pertinent to Bible exposition, such as Greek and Hebrew, and you’ll complete core courses in hermeneutics and research preparation.
- Next, you’ll complete courses in history and content exposition from the full range of biblical books and genres.
- Finally, you will complete coursework directly related to the development of a Ph.D. dissertation in original research related to the exposition of Scripture.
Highlights of Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online doctorate in Bible exposition degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- As a John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Ph.D. student, you will receive a block rate of $2,750 per semester if you take 7-15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!*
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
*Rawling School of Divinity Ph.D. students taking fewer than 7 credits will be charged the part-time rate of $395.
Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Graduates
Some of the career opportunities you may be qualified to pursue include:
- Church administrator
- Ministry director
- University administrator
- Vocational missionary
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ph.D. in Bible Exposition
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts showing a master’s degree with at least 15 credit hours of Bible and/or theology courses
- A writing sample: minimum 5-page paper (excluding a cover page, table of contents, and bibliography) in Turabian format (a paper/chapter from a master’s program may be used)
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Departmental approval
- TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.