Learn How to Defend Your Faith with an Online Apologetics Bachelor’s Degree
Follow in the footsteps of great Christian apologists like C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel, and our own Dr. Gary Habermas. Liberty University’s bachelor’s in religion with a specialization in apologetics is an online theology degree that offers solid training in the major beliefs of Christianity with the goal of helping you better defend and clearly explain the Christian faith.
Through our online apologetics degree, you can gain a deeper understanding of the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God, as well as the critical thinking skills you need to answer popular theological questions with courage and grace.
If you want to be better prepared to address the growing cultural and intellectual resistance to the gospel, you may find this degree in apologetics extremely beneficial.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Degree?
If you are seeking an online theology degree, then our BS in Religion – Apologetics is an excellent choice. Each online Christian apologetics class is designed to strengthen your faith and help equip you with valuable training in the historical, philosophical, and intellectual arguments needed to overcome objections to the Christian faith.
Because our university was built on Christian values, you can be confident that our religious studies degree online is rooted in the truth of God’s Word and meets the highest academic and biblical standards.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Religion – Apologetics?
Our bachelor’s in religion and apologetics can teach you how to engage skeptics with rational arguments supporting the truth of Christianity. Throughout this degree, you can learn to articulate and justify the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. You can also explore biblical text interpretation and strengthen your knowledge of the structure and content of the Bible.
Liberty’s goal is to prepare you to fill personal and professional ministry roles more efficiently. With an online religion degree, you can gain insight into the major issues, themes, and ideas of religious studies so you are better prepared for diverse vocational opportunities.
Additionally, some of our courses delve into the role of apologetics in the secular age, how you can adapt the apologetic task to current cultural trends, and how to examine historical evidence related to Jesus and his part of the larger biblical history.
- APOL 310 – Apologetics in a Secular Age
- APOL 320 – Apologetics and the Gospel
- APOL 330 – C.S. Lewis and Apologetic Imagination
- RLGN 340 – Global Religious Movements
Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Program Highlights
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after for employment opportunities for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Students enrolled in Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Apologetics degree can have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
B.S. in Religion – Apologetics Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Religion Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – Apologetics
As a graduate of our BS in Religion – Apologetics you may be better qualified to pursue a variety of careers including:
- Church administration
- National or international missions
- Writing or speaking ministry
- Youth or college ministry
Admission Requirements for Online Bachelor’s in Religion Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.