Increase Your Career Potential with One of Liberty University’s Associate Degrees
Excited about starting a new career? Interested in a promotion or pay increase in your current field? Maybe you’re ready to start your college education without committing to a 4-year college degree?
Earning a Liberty University online associate degree may be the logical next step in your academic and professional journey!
By pursuing your associate degree online, you can prepare for a variety of opportunities while maintaining your current responsibilities and receiving a college education at a lower cost than you would with a traditional on-campus program. Liberty online degrees are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year with no set login times. With this type of flexibility, you can stay active with your job, family, and community while completing your college degree.
Liberty offers associate degrees online in a variety of subjects like business, paralegal studies, history, psychology, education, and more. If you’re wondering which associate degree is best, check out all of our available online associate degree programs and find the right program for you.
Here’s What You Can Expect When Pursuing an Online Associate Degree with Liberty University:
- Affordability | Tuition has been frozen for all associate degrees online for the past 6 years — and counting — because Liberty University believes in keeping your costs low. Liberty is recognized by multiple institutions for its affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
- Credibility | Liberty University is regionally accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and holds additional accreditation through industry-specific accrediting bodies. This includes the School of Education (NCATE through CAEP) and the School of Business (ACBSP).
- Flexibility | Liberty University’s online associate degrees are offered in flexible, 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates throughout the year.
- Professional instructors | Every online professor has professional experience in their field — and Liberty professors are known for their personal investment in their students. You’ll find real-world knowledge and experience in your virtual classroom.
- Simple admission process | Submit unofficial high school transcripts with no SAT or ACT requirement when seeking admission to one of our online associate degree programs.
- Student support | Academic advisors and a technical support team are here to assist you from day one — through the admission process to graduation.
Compare Liberty to the Competition
Liberty University’s award-winning, flexible, low-cost programs offer you a great value for your time and money. Find out how Liberty compares to the competition today!
Are You a Service Member or Veteran?
Liberty University values your service to our country. To show our appreciation, we offer our military student community of active duty service members, veterans, and military spouses generous tuition discounts. We also accept military benefits, including the GI Bill® and tuition assistance (TA).
- Be taught how to identify, analyze, and appropriately handle ethical issues from a Christian perspective.
- Study communication and the technological skills needed to evaluate basic accounting problems.
- You can learn to solve complex problems through critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Learn to effectively engage the questions, doubts, and skepticism of unbelievers by responding intellectually and persuasively.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Bible, modern thought, and how our society reached its current state.
- Gain a deeper understanding of God’s Word through inductive Bible study and more.
- Prepare for a variety of roles in ministry or a bachelor’s degree in religion.
- Get prepared with the knowledge and skills needed to serve in the modern business world and achieve your professional goals.
- Learn to assimilate ethics and business in a format that will build a foundation of integral networking expertise.
- Hone your writing skills.
- Learn how to write stories that can influence people and change lives.
- Gain a strong foundation in the knowledge and skills needed for careers within a wide variety of criminal justice-related fields.
- Acquire the appropriate tools to successfully lead and manage in criminal justice fields for future promotional opportunities and certifications.
- Gain insight into the foundational principles of education.
- Approach the discipline of education from an ethical perspective to establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
- Get equipped with the specialized knowledge, insight, and skills needed to further your education and career.
- Receive a solid foundation in educational behavior and development.
- Receive foundational training in American and world history as well as civic and global engagement
- Learn to interpret historical documents.
- Expand your understanding of common information systems problems and solutions.
- Become well-equipped as a professional in areas like strategy, security, ethics, design and development, and business process support.
- Increase your job marketability with a broad range of courses that provide foundational knowledge in a variety of areas.
- Develop skills in university-level writing, speaking, reading, computer literacy, and analytical reasoning.
- Get prepared for a career as a medical office assistant.
- Learn to work in environments like public health departments, hospitals, and clinics.
- Prepare to work in a variety of government-related positions.
- Learn about military and war strategies in the U.S. and around the globe.
- Become equipped with the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a paralegal.
- Learn from practicing lawyers who know firsthand the qualifications necessary for this career field.
- Gain a foundational understanding of economics, the U.S. Constitution, and philosophical theories.
- Learn to critically analyze how political and economic institutions affect the day-to-day lives of common people.
- Start your career with an introduction to the field of psychology.
- Learn the psychological similarities and differences between people and the roles that gender, race, ethnicity, culture, and class play in affecting human perspectives and experiences.
- Understand the multi-faceted aspects of Christian counseling and how to counsel others from a Christian perspective.
- Become equipped to work in the Christian counseling fields of lay ministry.
- Grow in your knowledge, earn further qualifications, and deepen your faith.
- Understand valuable concepts related to the Bible, theology, Christianity, and the Church, which are all essential when launching an effective ministry career.
- Learn basic concepts in modern mathematics to prepare yourself for careers or further studies in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Develop your ability to think critically and apply advanced concepts to various disciplines.
Is an Associate Degree Worth It?
Earning your college degree is an invaluable experience. Whether it’s a necessary step in your career path or a credential that will set you apart from your peers, an associate degree will broaden your horizons and open new doors. Take a look at some other reasons why an associate degree is important and worth your time.
Return on Investment
An associate degree is an investment that will enrich your life professionally and personally. Many career fields are growing rapidly, and only the most accomplished professionals can do the job. You’ll spend your time as a student studying, researching, and writing — and in some cases, getting practical experience.
What will you get in return? An associate degree can warrant a median salary increase that’s about 20% higher than someone with only a high school diploma, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.* What may seem like a lot of effort and investment on the front end will likely be rewarded with more career opportunities and a higher salary.
If your purpose for pursuing an associate degree is to gain new employment, you’re on the right track. The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 6.2% increase by the year 2029 in entry-level positions that require applicants to have an associate degree.** Plus, an even higher number of employers prefer that you have a college degree, making you a more likely candidate than someone without one.
If you haven’t started yet, don’t worry. Liberty University offers a variety of online associate degree programs in multiple fields and subjects to give you an edge in your career — whatever your calling may be.
Are you a working professional? Maybe you have a full-time job, a home, a family, and an active social life. Regardless of which program you choose, it’s important for your degree to fit your schedule.
With an online associate degree, you’ll receive all the benefits of higher education without giving up the important commitments in your life. You can complete classes at your own pace, on your own time, and in the comfort of your own home.
Is an Online Associate Degree Credible?
As you’re considering pursuing a college education online, you may be wondering about the credibility of online college courses and degrees. If you choose to pursue your associate degree online with us, rest assured! Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
So what does that mean for you?
- You’re earning your degree from a school that is recognized and well-respected among employers and other academic institutions.
- Your credits from another accredited school can be transferred into your Liberty University associate degree, and any credits you earn with us are likely to be accepted at another institution of higher education.
- Your professors are professionals with earned master’s or doctoral degrees as well as real-life experience in their respective fields.
- The courses you’re completing online have gone through the same rigorous standards as the courses available on our residential campus.
Earn an Associate Degree Online from a Top University
Liberty University’s online programs are widely recognized for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. We offer online associate degree programs in areas such as business, education, IT, criminal justice, medical office assistant, psychology, and religion.
Take some time to explore our online associate degree programs and benefits. When you are ready, you can apply online or over the phone by calling (800) 424-9595. Our admission specialists are here to help you plan a path to a career you love from one of the best online colleges.
Why Choose a Liberty University Online Associate Degree?
Earning an associate degree is the quickest way to earn a degree from Liberty University, one of the nation’s top online colleges. An online associate degree is a great choice for someone who wants to set themselves apart from others who have only earned a high school diploma. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS),* full-time employees age 25 and over earned about $132 more per week in 2018 than someone who only had a high school diploma. For many people, that could be enough to pay rent, a car payment, or childcare expenses each month.
Liberty University offers online associate degree programs for students seeking an accredited degree without committing to a traditional 4-year bachelor’s degree. Our online associate degree programs are typically 60 credit hours and can be completed in less than 2 years. Once completed, you can transfer your associate degree credits into one of our online bachelor’s degree programs.
Additionally, every online associate degree is continually updated to remain current with the latest industry information and proven practices. Faculty members are leaders in the industry as well as extremely accessible to ensure that you get both a quality education and practical experience.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Associate Degree Online with Liberty University?
Whether you are seeking an online associate degree to advance your career or for personal growth, we believe you will benefit from Liberty University online programs.
Take a look at some of the benefits below!
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
All your courses are 100% online with no set login times. They are available in 8-week formats with 8 different start dates throughout the year for maximum flexibility.
Transfer in up to 45 credit hours into 60-credit hour programs — that’s 75% of your degree total!
You can complete your associate degree online in only 2 years or less!
Your Career with an Online Associate Degree
Most people desire to earn a degree that will allow them to have more job opportunities and raise their income potential. You’ll be better prepared for higher-paying job opportunities and promotions after earning your associate degree from Liberty University.
Here are just some of the higher-earning jobs you may be eligible for once you have completed your associate’s degree:
- Computer programmer with an online Associate of Arts in Information Systems
- Police officer with an online associate degree in criminal justice
- Paralegal with an online associate degree in paralegal studies
- Business manager with an online associate degree in business
If you earn your associate degree from Liberty University, you may be able to transfer all of your credit hours into a bachelor’s degree with us. So you could complete a bachelor’s program twice as fast as the typical completion rate. If you transfer from another online college, your credits may not transfer as easily.
Once you’ve completed your online associate program, you can enjoy the benefits of an earned college degree, including:
- Increased earning potential
- More job opportunities
- A jumpstart on a bachelor’s degree
Associate Degree Online Program Format
- 100% online
- 60-64 total hours
- 15 hours must be taken through Liberty
- Transfer in up to 45 hours from an accredited college
Military Benefits with Liberty University Undergraduate Online Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Application fee waived for service members or veterans
- Potential college credit for military training
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online July 2, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Employment, wages, and projected change in employment by typical entry-level education (viewed online July 2, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.