Be the Star Behind the Show with Liberty’s Online B.S. in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management Degree
Do you have an interest in pursuing a sports career? You might not be a professional athlete, but the passion you have for sports has compelled you to search for other avenues into the sports world. If you’re looking for a sports venue management school and hope to pursue event and facility management jobs in sports, Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management may be a great fit for you!
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in sports management — sports venue management degree can help you turn your passion for sports into a successful career. Additionally, our sports venue management degree can help you learn to coordinate professional sporting and entertainment events with professionalism and efficiency. Your career in sports awaits! Apply today and prepare for a rewarding career in sports venue management.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We created our bachelor’s in sports venue management degree with your success in mind. As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we’ve used our experience to design an academically excellent, flexible online degree program that will challenge you to grow as a student and as a professional.
In our B.S. in Sports Management, you will learn from seasoned educators and professionals who have years of experience in venue and event management. Earning your bachelor’s degree in sports venue management from Liberty can help equip you with the credentials you need to succeed.
Our courses are offered 100% online in an 8-week format with no set login times, so you’ll be able to complete your degree in sports management without the worry of having to take courses on campus. While the sports management internship is a semester-long requirement that requires in-person attendance, it can be completed at an approved sports facility near you.
What Will You Learn as a Sports Management Major with a Specialization in Sports Facility Management?
Through our bachelor’s degree in sporting event management, you can learn basic management principles that can be applied directly to the field of sports entertainment. Our sports and event venue management bachelor’s degree can help you learn how to manage auditoriums, arenas, convention centers, theaters, stadiums, performing arts centers, university athletic facilities, and other recreational facilities.
The major courses of your sports venue management degree offer a broad overview of general sports management. You will study sports hospitality management, the history of sport, sport law and ethics, and sport finance, among other subjects. The sports venue management specialization consists of 4 venue management courses that cover project management, homeland security, guest service in sports venues, and sport venue operations.
Our bachelor’s degree in sports management — sport venue management also requires you to complete a minimum of 2 field experience courses. In addition to a 70-hour practicum, you will complete a 400-hour internship at a site of your choice. Past sports management students had the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience as interns at Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Football Team, DC United, and Push the Rock. In addition to being an excellent learning opportunity, the sports management internship can be a valuable addition to your résumé.
Combine your love of sports with a practical passion for business in this sports management degree. Your career in sports awaits! Partner with Liberty and make your dream of working in sports a reality.
Featured Sports Entertainment and Event Management Courses
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- CJUS 380 — Introduction to Homeland Security
- SMGT 440 – Guest Service in Sport Venues
- SMGT 441 – Sport Venue Operations
B.S. in Sports Venue Management Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Get the opportunity to turn your knowledge into wisdom as you intern in a sport-related business or organization.
Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- The B.S. in Sport Management — Sport Venue Management online degree falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Careers with a Sports Management Bachelor’s Degree in Venue and Event Management
Our bachelor’s in sport event management degree can help prepare you for a number of sports facility management jobs, including:
- Facility and arena management
- Resort management
- Ticket operations/sales management