Sharpen Your Business Skills with an Online Project Management Certification
Liberty University’s 100% online undergraduate Project Management Certificate can help prepare you to successfully and strategically lead important projects across all industries. Our project management program online offers you courses that are taught by experienced professors who understand what it takes to accomplish special projects.
Throughout this certificate program, you will study core competencies from the Project Management Institute. When you complete our certificate, you can prepare to take the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification exam through the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
If you are looking for career advancement and need a bachelor’s degree, consider our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Project Management.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Project Management Specialists and Business Operations Specialists, 2020 (viewed online April 8, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Potential Career Options for Online Project Management Certificate Program Graduates
Our undergraduate certificate in project management can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited project management certificate:
- Administrative assistant
- Business associate
- Business data analyst
- Business development associate
- Sales representative
The management, leadership, and organizational skills that you gain from our certificate in project management can be an asset in many other aspects of the business field as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Project Management. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a project management certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a PMP certification?
If you are interested in becoming a Project Management Professional (PMP), our program can help you get there. In order to hold this title, you must complete specific coursework so you can qualify to take a PMP certification exam.
One of the available exams is the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification. This is offered through the Project Management Institute (PMI). Our certificate can help provide you with the knowledge in the core competency areas offered on the exam to help you succeed in your professional journey.
PMP exam requirements and CAPM certification requirements may change. Be sure to verify the requirements for each exam prior to taking either.
What are the best online project management courses?
The best courses are those that will prepare you for the career you want. If you want to be certified in project management, our certificate can help provide you with the knowledge you’ll need to sit for your CAPM certification.
Which project management certification is best?
There are a variety of project management certifications you can pursue if you are interested in this field as a career. Our certificate prepares you for the CAPM certification, which is one of the best available. This certification can help yield a high salary for professionals.
What certification do I need for project management?
For most companies, you will only need one project management certification to be qualified for the job. If you choose to pursue our certificate, you may qualify to sit for the CAPM certification. This can help you pursue nearly any project management job with nearly any company.
How much do project managers make?
Project managers can have varying salaries depending on their location as well as the industry in which they manage projects. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the median annual salary for business operations specialists is $98,420.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Project Management Specialists and Business Operations Specialists, 2020 (viewed online April 8 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose a Certificate in Project Management Online at Liberty University?
Our online Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management can help give you an advantage in the marketplace without the need for you to take residential classes. You can complete this certificate 100% online, which means you can get a quality education while staying connected with your family, work, and community responsibilities.
Use our certificate to pursue your CAPM certification
Liberty’s undergraduate certificate in Project Management online will help you prepare to sit for the CAPM examination. This credential is conferred through the Project Management Institute (PMI). Our program provides you with courses that cover the basic skills included in the exam so you can pursue this certification.
The Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) is a valuable certification that can do the following:
- Demonstrate your ability to professionally navigate a variety of challenges in project management
- Give employers confidence in your ability to effectively manage projects and teams
- Help you advance in your current career
- Open opportunities for new careers within the field of project management
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Project Management Courses?
Throughout our Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management, you will focus on growing your leadership and management abilities. This can help you successfully initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects.
You’ll study project management principles, tools and techniques most commonly used to execute a project in the fastest, most cost-efficient way. You will also study the different behavioral principles and project management skills that are applicable to a business setting.
- BUSI 240 – Organizational Behavior I
- BUSI 310 – Principles of Management
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- BUSI 414 – Project Management I
- BUSI 415 – Project Management II
- BUSI 416 – Leading Global Projects
Highlights of Our Project Management Undergraduate Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Project Management Certificate program in about 2 semesters.
Project Management Certificate Information
- This certificate program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course-specific information.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Project Management Certificate Program Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Certificate in Project Management
Applicants must have a cumulative 1.5 GPA or above for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.