Prepare to Lead Your Health Organization with a Degree in Healthcare Business Administration
Do you want to enter an exciting, rewarding career that lets you apply business management practices to the healthcare system? If so, Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Healthcare Management is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. Unlike a general business degree, this program is specifically designed to prepare you for work in the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
For health organizations to be successful, they need individuals who are skilled at handling the administrative aspects of healthcare, such as marketing, financial operations, and human resources. Professionals in healthcare management are the backbone of companies and facilities in health services, and this program will help you gain the necessary skills to work in the business side of healthcare.
The specialized training you gain from this degree can help you break into the competitive healthcare field with confidence in your knowledge and skills.
Why Choose Liberty’s Healthcare Management Bachelor’s Degree?
Our online B.S. in Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Earning a bachelor’s degree with this kind of accreditation will provide a reliable credential for your career and make your academic background stand out to employers.
If you want to work in management for a healthcare organization, this program can help provide the competency-based learning you need to launch your career. You won’t just gain textbook knowledge — your courses can also help you develop concrete, on-the-job skills that can boost your résumé and impress employers.
Additionally, you’ll learn from professors who have years of experience in the fields of business and healthcare. Drawing on what they have learned in their own day-to-day work, they can equip you with the tools necessary to succeed.
As pioneers in distance learning, we have designed our BSBA in Healthcare Management to be completely online. This can allow you to earn your degree in a way that best fits your lifestyle. You can devote yourself to what really matters, such as your family, job, and community, while pursuing an education that will help take your career to the next level.
As a Liberty student, you will be able to take advantage of our vast educational resources, including a cutting-edge online learning environment, full-time research assistants, and a brick-and-mortar campus you can visit for campus events and graduation. With our healthcare management program, you can gain the skills you need to be a leader in the healthcare field.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
What Will You Learn in Our Online Healthcare Business Management Degree?
This online degree provides training that blends knowledge and practical skills through classes in accounting, business, economics, and health services. Your courses will explore a variety of legal and ethical issues that arise in health systems, such as lawsuits, data breaches, labor and employment problems, medical malpractice, HIPAA compliance, and patient confidentiality.
You will be introduced to the concepts of medical ethics, contracts, medical records, informed consent, and privacy healthcare laws. In addition, this program covers how to make management decisions based on empirical research and data analysis. You’ll study how to carry out organizational communication, budget development, fiscal management, and grant writing for healthcare facilities. After completing your degree, you’ll know how to lead your organization with authority and integrity.
The courses in our BSBA in Healthcare Management are designed to help you increase productivity and efficiency in healthcare environments. As you learn about the concepts of price, promotion, place, and product as they relate to healthcare, you will be prepared to lead your company toward business practices that help the healthcare industry run more effectively for everyone involved.
Featured Courses in the Healthcare Management Bachelor’s Degree
- BUSI 302 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- BUSI 311 – Introduction to Healthcare Administration
- BUSI 344 – Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
- INFO 320 – Healthcare Informatics
Highlights of Our Online Healthcare Business Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online BSBA in Healthcare Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete our online business and healthcare management degree in just 3.5 years.
- You may be able to earn additional college credit for relevant life experience.
Online BSBA in Medical Management Degree Program Information
- The B.S. in Business Administration falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online B.S. in Health Business Administration
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Healthcare Management Degree?
This degree can prepare students like you to work in a variety of healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, health insurance companies, and medical billing firms. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Health services management
- Hospitals and physicians offices
- Human resources
- Medical staff relations
- Nursing home administration
- Patient care services
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.