Design and Sell Your Fashion Creations with a Creative Design Degree
Everyone has ideas, but it takes genuinely creative designers to make breakthroughs that change their industries. If you want to make a splash with your own fashion ideas, you can learn how to apply your talents and knowledge to become a fashion designer. Liberty University’s 100% online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising – Creative Design can help you gain the background, skills, and business knowledge you need to take the fashion world by storm.
With a creative design degree in fashion merchandising, you can develop your creative skills while gaining the practical tools needed to shine in this competitive industry. You can design fashions based on your knowledge of historical trends and innovative ideas through a practical design process. With the skills you learn in this degree, you can develop new products or costumes for creative projects. You can use your expertise to work as a merchandiser or manager in high fashion stores and boutiques. Or you could even be a stylist for high-end clientele like celebrities and politicians.
The fashion industry needs people like you who are excited and passionate about the field. With hands-on experience in your entrepreneurial internship, you can apply what you learn to the world of fashion design. Our degree in fashion merchandising can help you obtain all the skills you need to be a successful fashion professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Fashion Merchandising Degree?
When you choose to earn your degree from Liberty University, you’ll be studying with confidence. You’ll know that you’re getting real-life experience, courses that meet accreditation requirements, and professional faculty members who partner with you for success. With the creative design, business, and marketing skills you’ll learn in this degree, you can do more than just design fashion products. You can help get these creative products into the hands of excited consumers.
Our professors are professionals in the fashion field with years of experience and degrees in related areas. They’re excited about the opportunity to mentor, guide, and teach you throughout your academic journey with us.
Plus, with our flexible online format, you can earn your degree without having to come to a physical campus. But studying online doesn’t mean losing in-person training. In this degree, you’ll complete an internship in your area that will give you the real-world experience you need to be career-ready upon graduation. With a flexible course format and hands-on experience, you can be ready to enter the field confidently.
What Will You Learn in Our Fashion Merchandising Degree?
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in fashion merchandising – creative design provides the training you need to help you succeed in a career as a fashion designer and business professional. You will take foundational courses that are essential to understanding the basics of fashion and the business and management side of the industry.
Along with practical industry courses, you will also gain exposure to fashion design history, several art classes to help you create illustrations, and an applied drafting course that can help you make professional designs. These courses can help equip you to be an entrepreneur in the creative design industry.
With the required internship and capstone at the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and demonstrate your expertise. These courses will help establish you as an expert and give you the background you need to break into the fashion industry.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- ARTS 113 – Introduction to 2D Design
- ARTS 114 – Introduction to 3D Design
- FACS 244 – Applied Drafting for Interiors*
- HIST 309 – Historic Fashion and Design
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.S. in Fashion Merchandising – Creative Design
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online fashion design degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Gain hands-on experience and potential job opportunities through a required fashion design internship.
- Show your skills and impress future employers with your capstone project.
Fashion Merchandising Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Creative Design Graduates
- Apparel designer
- Boutique entrepreneur
- Costume designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Fashion retail manager
Online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses. Documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.